Sunday, September 28, 2008

wicked reading journal six

Wicked:the life and times of the wicked witch of the west is a book my causion gave me about three years ago and i have read it and not. it is truly easy but difficult read and i had never read the whole thing but i am detirmed to read all of it this time. i love this book and have ameditly gotten back into it all over agian

This book takes you away from Dorthy's perspective and shows you the life of the wicked witch of the west aka Elphaba Throp and makes her a brilliant anti hero who you want to root for. Dorothy begins to become the wicked. I love the musical version of wicked and its odd because the wizard of oz is one of my all time favorite movies but now I am totally on wicked side.

If they made of movie of the novel or musical I would go seek it. It has everything from the universal story of acceptance and never giving up, combined with politics, class issues, love, the nature of good and evil. even though you know were its heading its completely fresh.

On a side note though I would love to see a movie version made it would not be the same because it would be missing the one thing that makes it such a classic or should I say one song.

Some were over the rainbow!

No comments: